CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. — A Portsmouth man was charged with numerous sex trafficking-related crimes following his arrest in Chesterfield County. Jamil O. Ahmad II, 27, was ordered held without bond at the Chesterfield Jail. Ahmad was arrested after police responded to the InTown Suites, on Greenspring Road, for a reported robbery, police said.
“During the investigation, police learned the 17-year-old robbery victim and an adult female had been brought to Chesterfield County from the Tidewater area for the purposes of forced prostitution,” a Chesterfield Police spokesman said. “Detectives determined Ahmad had transported the victims to Chesterfield and posted ads online soliciting prostitution.”
Jamil Ahmad (PHOTO: Chesterfield Police)
Ahmad, of the 00 block of Pueblo Drive in Portsmouth, has been charged with:
- One count of racketeering
- One count of commercial sex trafficking of a minor
- One count of commercial sex trafficking
- Seven counts of receiving money from prostitution of a minor
- Six counts of receiving money from prostitution
- Seven counts of taking or detaining a minor for prostitution
- Seven counts of keeping or frequenting a bawdy house
- One count of contributing to the delinquency of a minor
- One count of distribution of a controlled substance
- One count of possession of marijuana
Anyone with information about this case was asked to call Chesterfield Police at 804-748-1251 or Crime Solvers at 804-748-0660.